Happy New Year (A Poem)
Her mouth had that dry stickiness,
cotton candy may have died there
like Wilford Brimley with his doppelganger cat
would soon knock on her door
telling her about the diabeetus
Totes too many mix drinks, methinks.
Last night was one for the records
ladies and gents.
The selfies don’t lie.
They’d tweeted themselves into infamy.
Officially the girls their mamas
had warned them about.
This is the best night that everwas, (neverwas?).
She’ll recall it according to the pictorial
linked from IG to my Tumblr.
This is not Facebook official business.
Each poorly framed, yet perfectly filtered,
portrait reminding her of a booze soaked memory.
I had no idea your tongue was so flexible.
The instantaneous gratification is too much.
Resistance is futile.
(And soaked in gin.)
Someone please create the
Too drunk, the phone locks down
Except to call a local cabbie.
Go drunk phone I’m home.
Her shoe seems to have ran after her
dignity in the club last night
dropping it like it was hot,
falling cause it was not.
The shoe that deigned to return her
poorer yet wiser home,
didn’t take her to the right abode.
Who’s this snoring next to me?
I think he may be cute,
but eyes still blurry from caked
mascara are as good as beer goggles.
Warm obscuring of the truth.
No telltale soreness
Panties still on.
What a way to start the new year.
I’ll meet you at the bar tonight.
Hello, and welcome to Week 31 Creative Buzz Hop. This week’s theme is “secretfun.” If you have a post about fun, please link it up here. We’re knocking on the new years door, so we’re thinking about fun. However, if you have something off-topic that you’d like to share, please do. The theme is just an idea.
Here’s how you linkup:
- Follow your hosts, Michelle at Muses from the Deep and me, Tamara from PenPaperPad.
- Tell others about us! Let’s grow this hop together.
- Grab the Creative Buzz Hop Badge from the sidebar and put it on your site.
- Run with the prompt in any way you feel comfortable. It can be a hilarious take, a serious reflection, a poem, story, photography. Let your creative side go!
- Link up with us via the link at the BOTTOM of this post or at http://www.gettingliteral.com Please check out the other pieces linked up.
Link up with us on the prompt of Fun….or with a theme of your choice below!