You came at me
like a two-ton armored truck,
Slow and steady.
I swung onto the side,
Ninja swift and twice as stealthy,
Snaked my way behind your steering wheel,
Pushed gas to the floor,
Cuz what were we waiting for?
Extra time is for children and puppies,
those unwary of the future.
Love is like you offering me
the last drink from your blue cup,
even though your still thirsty.
Everyone knows the last drink
is the best one.
the sound of the monitors
keeping pace with her heartbeat,
and your teeth gnashing as you wait
for a sign of life,
any sign of spirit
Love is like chubby hands proudly passing
mangled dandelions to you,
And you accept them like
they’re a delicate bouquet of orchids.
I love you is
Skype, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube,
homing pigeons, the Fed Ex Man,
Anything shrinking the distance
into mere inches
instead of miles upon miles of sand and oceans.
“I’m only a text away.”
Love is sliding to the passenger side,
returning the wheel to you.
Full-throttle pedal to the metal
makes life rear view mirror blurs.
We were only racing against ourselves.
I want to enjoy this journey with you,
like a Sunday drive.
This week’s Creative Buzz Hop is a free write! The only strings tying you down is you. Link up creative post, whether it’s poetry, an essay, photography, video, a song, etc. Choose your own adventure!
To participate in this hop, you simply have to do the following:
1) Follow your hosts, Michelle at Muses from the Deep and me, Tamara from PenPaperPad.
2) Please, tag others to participate (do so in any way you feel comfortable). Let’s grow this hop together.
3) Grab the Creative Buzz Hop Badge from the sidebar and put it on your site.
4) Run with the prompt in any way you feel comfortable. It can be a hilarious take, a serious reflection, a poem, story, photography. Let your creative side go!
5) Link up with us via the link at the BOTTOM of this post or at http://www.gettingliteral.com
Please check out the other pieces linked up.