Sometimes I feel the most at peace when I’m by myself and I’m allowed to just be quiet. Unplugged from the Internet, no family dramas, no relationship saga, just…alone.
Peace in Solitude
My heartbeat keeps pace
with waves crashing
against shoreline’s soft curves.
Like the twist in my hip
and my lip’s line.
Birds sing out to me
an invitation to sit.
Breeze picks up ocean’s mist,
brushing my eyelids
with tender kisses.
I let the world slide
away for a moment.
Bills quiet to a murmur,
my aspirations, inspirations
and presumed failures muted.
In the background.
Just me and the life-force
throbbing in my fingertips,
with the wind.
with the world.
Toes burrow in sand
Planted firmly in terra firma,
my roots connected to this moment.
This week’s Buzz words are peace and solitude. Feel free to link up with a post about peace and solitude, interpreting it any way, whether it’s via poetry, an essay, photographs, etc.
To participate in this hop, you simply have to do the following:
1) Follow your hosts, Michelle at Muses from the Deep and me, Tamara from PenPaperPad.
2) Tag others to participate (do so in any way you feel comfortable)
3) Grab the Creative Buzz Hop Badge from the sidebar and put it on your site.
4) Run with the prompt in any way you feel comfortable. It can be a hilarious take, a serious reflection, a poem, story, photography. Let your creative side go!
5) Link up with us via the link at the BOTTOM of this post or at http://www.gettingliteral.com
Please check out the other pieces linked up about peace and solitude.