Pull up a seat beside the ole’ campfire while I tell you a tale of my writing week.
Well errybody, I’ve been visiting the fam and friends in West Virginia. I’m back on the island now, but have not adjusted to the 6 hour time difference yet. I’ll probably be a little wonky for a few more days. Meanwhile, I really
need want to go to the beach, but instead I’m writing a post for you guys. *hugs*
I actually received a Shine On blog award a million and one years ago from Michael David Saunders Hall at The Voice of the Coolest Breeze and Stephanie Weisend from A Female, Interrupted. Definitely two cool blogs that you should check out. Here’s the rules:
Write 7 things about yourself and then tag 15 other bloggers.
Ok, so I suck at tagging other bloggers. I always feel like I’m imposing on someone. So, if you would like to link up and receive this award, just let me know in the comments, and snatch the pic:
Here’s 7 things about me:
1. Hawai’i has ruined me when it comes to pineapple. Now that I know what a really fresh one tastes like, it’s hard to go back.
2.Smart White Cheddar popcorn is like popped crack for me. Or at least it’s really damn good and it hits me right in the delicious.
3.I’m feeling really frustrated with some aspects of life. I feel a change a’comin’…
4.I want to revamp this blog hardcore, but I don’t know where to begin.
5.When I was a tween (before that term was used), I would do my nails then have hot tea and crackers. I started to love Earl Grey then. I was very OCD with my nails. If I smudged one on a hand, I would redo all of them. My 12 year old self would weep if she saw my nails today.
6.I’m the youngest of four siblings by 9 years. I felt like an only child without the benefit of being overly spoiled.
7.I moved to Hawai’i to be with my boyfriend, The Mathemagician three years ago in August. I still don’t feel like I’ve fully embraced my time here. This year’s gonna be different!
I also received a Liebster Award from Kamalika Jayathilaka at Rhymes Abound.
Here’s the rules for Liebsterb (again, if you want it let me know in the comments):
1. List eleven random facts about you.
2. Nominate eleven bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award.
3. Notify the bloggers.
4. Ask eleven questions the bloggers must answer upon receiving the award.
5. Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated.
6. Link back to the person who nominated you.
1. What was your favourite story/book as a child? There was this book I used to read about a mouse who walked and walked and walked…and he wore out his feet. So he traded feet with someone else. I was a weird kid.
2. What colour is your hair? I mean your ‘natural’ hair colour. Salt n pepper.
3. Tea or coffee? Heavy on the sugar n cream, light on the coffee, pleaz n thanks.
4. What’s the most memorable gift you have received? When I was a kid, my Mom gave me a HUGE pink rabbit that was bigger than I was.
5. Say ‘hello’ in a language other than your native: Aloha! Click here to check out an easy language to learn.
6.The rarest animal/plant you have seen? For real (not on the internet or tv): I saw a mongoose over here. I’m not sure how rare they are worldwide, but they’re damn rare in the WV wilderness!
7. If you were a super hero what power would you have? I just wanna fly…
8. Are you a clean freak or absolutely messy?: More messy than clean freak, unfortunately. I have the ability to ignore mess until it becomes part of the background.
9. What don’t you enjoy doing while on holiday: Not having fun.
10.What makes you nervous?: Talking in front of strangers.
11. One ingredient for happiness?: Love
Alright, I feel like this post has gotten enormous, so I’m just going to mention that the Creative Buzz Word for this week is “justice.” Not sure what I’m talking about? Click here to check out the hop in the past.