No, no, no. I shan’t do it. I won’t do it. I won’t get my hopes all good and raised and then by December 2013 feel like a big ole lazy bastid because I didn’t live up to these expectations. I give a sphleal on New Year resolutions before. I must admit, that one is a bit more eloquent then what I’m going to put down tonight. You’re not going to catch a New Years Resolution list on this here blog.
Tonight, I’m thinking in terms of To-Do lists. Why To-Do Lists, you may ask? I actually accomplish those. I’m a To-Do List addict and I get the greatest feeling of joy and accomplishment from writing down things that need doin’. All of my notepads (yup, still writing with pen and paper, this chick) have one To-Do list or another in them. It’s my way of keeping track of life, and even fleshing out my ideas. Also, with my To-Do lists, there are things that I’ll actually DO. No over-reaching crazy expectations here.
With that in mind, here’s a brief snapshot of my writing-related To-Do list for 2013. This thing will grow and morph over time. It’ll have items crossed out, and will be revisited many times over. It’s a work in progress. Like me.
- Promote poetry collection–hopefully sell some. *fingers crossed*
- Build up my Examiner blog, so that I can actually make money from this thing.
- Build up my social media sites, and make wider connections on the interwebs.
- Actually build relationships with other bloggers. *waves hi*
- Become a bigger part of the writer’s community here.
- Continue with the grant writing avenue.
Here’s wishing you a safe and wonderful New Year. I’ll see you on the other side of the ball dropping. Until then happy New Year to you all, be safe and don’t go to jail!